Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Final Question 5

I plan to live by a very simple code as a journalist. I don't plan on changing the world through cut-throat reporting, or going to jail to protect a source. I just want to stand on the outside and provide intellectual and searching commentary on the political and pop culture trends of the day. My code is to be straightforward in my opinions, be thorough in my analysis, and to provide the most entertaining and enlightening service to my readers or listeners. I felt like many in the class downplayed the importance of being both an information service and an entertainment to the audience. As much as this may counter others' codes of conduct, I feel like in today's changing media, the boring patterns of today will simply not work tomorrow.

No comments: